Help us build powerful tools.
At Design Center, we deliver more than just what is asked of us. This isn't about "exceeding expectations" or "over delivering"...even though we do. It's about identifying the right target for which to aim and having a passion for our work far outreaching even our clients'. If you are looking to stay inside your comfort zone, or a chance to deliver like everyone else, Design Center probably isn't right for you. If you want to think big, dig deeper, and invent some amazing mobile tools, check us out.
We value resourcefulness, fearlessness, creativity, passion, and a good attitude. We interview, evaluate, and work based on these core values.
DIRECTOR OF USER EXPERIENCE AND DESIGN
Direct a team for an emerging leader in mobile and virtual reality software UX design and development.
Design Center is hiring a Director of User Experience and Design in our St. Paul, MN office to help us continue our unprecedented growth.
The Director of User Experience and Design will foster an environment of open collaboration and idea support. This is an excellent chance to shape UX culture at Design Center. The Director of User Experience and Design will have a strong background in the industry to assert credibility with customers and peers. You are a respected leader both for your voice and your ability to enhance and develop teams. You are smart, but don't always have to be the smartest person in the room. As Director of User Experience and Design, you will be self directed, motivated, and willing to be accountable for your results and those of your team. You are a strong customer advocate who fights for the best user solutions possible.
Established in 1969, Design Center makes ideas a reality by combining design and technology to empower distributed workforces. We guarantee a "smile from every user." We serve clients with operations in all 50 states and Europe.
TO THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- 401(K) with company match up to 3%
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Opportunities to shape UX and design culture while making your mark as a UX thought leader
- A fun and challenging environment where you will align UX to customer process and fuse design and technology to create big ideas that truly solve our customer's business problems
- Build on existing design culture and implement design thinking systems and processes
- Collaborate closely with sales and development teams to create and execute big ideas for our customers that have strong business impact and ROI, are inspirational and exciting, and make the user's job better
- Lead, manage, inspire, and develop the UX team
- Make Design Center a UX thought leader in the industry
- Continuously improve UX quality systems and processes
- Drive departmental collaboration, accountability, support, and communication
- Estimate and schedule work and ensure systems and processes are followed by all
- Relevant 4-year degree from an accredited University or College preferred
- Strong Business acumen – higher understanding of business processes
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- A book of business or established record of successfully working with our target markets
- Able to execute, get things done
- Experience directing, inspiring, and leading teams
- Minimum UX leadership experience of 5-7 years preferred
- Strong electronic and verbal communication skills
- Love to learn new information about our customer's businesses, their people and processes